1. Personal Data Collected
In addition to complying with privacy laws and requirements, the Company complies with applicable laws, relating to our products and services, when using personal information. We also collect information that may or may not include your personal information, through technology and tools that advise when a computer or device has visited or accessed our online content. Vitex may collect various types of data from visitors to the Vitex Website as described below.
Data you provide:
The following information is collected when you voluntarily provide it to us through our website. This information is generally required to contact you for business purposes:
• First name
• Last name
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Job Title
Vitex will only record your email address if you send us a message. Your e-mail address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
Vitex will record and store all information or documentation if you apply for a job opportunity through our careers page. Personal information relating to your previous work experience and background include:
• Your personal contact details
• Employment information and previous work experience
• Professional references
All information is stored to enable us to attend to your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes.
Data Collected from use of the Vitex website:
Vitex receives certain information and data from the computer or device you use when browsing through our page. Tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our content, products and services to better suit consumers and customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you. Such information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose of better understanding users and identify how experience and interaction can be improved and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
You can set your browser to determine whether your computer will accept cookies, your reject cookies, or notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, the Website, which is cookie-enabled, will not recognise you when you return to the website, and some functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
2. Your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our activities and business, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business and as permitted by law. Examples include:
01. providing information about our products and services, including dealing with any enquiry or complaint; operating programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, providing you with marketing communications, newsletters and alerts, surveys and invitations and offers for products including new products that may be of interest to you (and if we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt out);
02. to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programmes; for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
03. if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application; to evaluate our products and services, and conduct consumer research;
04. to amend records to remove personal information;
05. to comply with obligations and any purpose as required by various Australian laws which may either expressly, or in effect, require us to collect your personal information. Such laws include the Commonwealth Taxation Administration Act, Income Tax Assessment Act and other taxation laws (for example, to comply with information requests issued by the Federal Commissioner of Taxation) and employment laws (for example the Fair Work Act);
06. and for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
The Company generally requires organisations outside Vitex that handle or obtain personal information as service providers to Vitex acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect the individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Principles and this Policy. In most cases, if you do not provide information about yourself which Vitex has requested, Vitex may not be able to provide you with the relevant service or information required.
3. Disclosure to third parties
The Company may disclose your personal information for the purposes listed above or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act to third parties, including the following:
01. related entities, affiliates and commercial partners, including parties with whom the Company has commercial arrangements;
02. service providers, such as parties contracted to send promotional and informational offers on behalf of Vitex;
03. other persons needed to engage with staff, such as training or medical providers, insurers, next-of-kin, or referees;
04. and other persons or entities as permitted under the Privacy Act, such as insurers.
4. Overseas Disclosure
Vitex is based and operates out of our Headquarters based in Australia. We do not disclose any personal information to overseas parties and take appropriate measures to ensure all information is protected.
5. Management and security
All data is held electronically on password protected systems. Personal information is only accessible by persons that require access to that information to carry out their duties. Vitex has directed its staff that personal information must be dealt with in accordance with this Policy and kept secure from unauthorised access or disclosure.
6. Accessing and correcting information
You have a right to access the personal information that the Company holds at any time, subject to certain exemptions under the Privacy Act. The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to our dealings and the nature of the relationship. If you would like to request access to personal information or to correct personal information, you can contact the Company in writing. The relevant contact details are provided below in the section: 10. Contacting us about privacy.
7. Data Retention
Vitex retains your personal data as is necessary to comply with all legal requirements and regulatory obligations. As required by the Privacy Act, the Company will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information that is no longer required for a permitted purpose.
8. Privacy complaint
9. Changes to this policy
10. Contacting us about privacy
If you wish to contact us about the privacy-related matters described above or find out more information about the Company privacy practices, please use the contact details below:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Vitex Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
4 Alspec Place
EASTERN CREEK NSW 2766